GLOBUS 2018: St. Petersburg & Moscow (RX)
8 days from St. Petersburg to Moscow
When you think of a Russia tour, what comes to mind? Perhaps it's learning about the fascinating culture. Perhaps it's visiting the spectacular palaces and museums. Perhaps a Russia tour must include tasting of local specialties, like caviar and vodka. All of this and more are included on this fabulous escorted tour of Russia. Spend four nights in St. Petersburg and three nights in Moscow. Along the way, you'll be accompanied by an expert Tour Director who will help bring the country to life with firsthand, in-depth knowledge of the country's culture, history, and secrets.Enjoy sightseeing in both cities. In St. Petersburg, visit St. Isaac's Cathedral - the largest cathedral in Russia and the fourth largest in Europe - and Catherine Palace to witness the luxury and opulence of its Russian Baroque style. In Moscow, go sightseeing in Red Square, and the Kremlin - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - with its medieval towers, cathedrals, and palaces. Here, visit the Armory Museum to see treasures, such as Ivan the Terrible's throne. A tour highlight is St. Petersburg's Winter Palace complex - previously the residence of the czars - where you'll visit the world-famous Hermitage Museum. With one of the world's finest art collections, the museum celebrates works by Rembrandt, Leonardo da Vinci, and the master French impressionists. Housed in the former residence of czars, the museum exemplifies the opulence of a once imperial palace. Also included in Moscow are visits to the largest Orthodox Christian Church in the world - the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour - and the Novodevichy (New Maiden) Convent and Cemetery.You'll travel between St. Petersburg and Moscow via the high-speed Sapsan train for a welcome dinner with traditional Russian delicacies like caviar, blinis, pickled cucumber, and vodka. It's a wonderful guided tour of Russia!
Call (847) 593-6700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13595991
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||St. Petersburg||Welcome to St. Petersburg! The balance of the day is at leisure to start exploring this fascinating city. Your Local Host is available for questions and directions this afternoon and tomorrow morning.|
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||Founded by Peter the Great, construction of St. Petersburg began in 1703 and the city eventually spread over 100 islands linked by 700 bridges. It suffered severe damage during World War II, when a cruel 900-day siege claimed more than a million victims. At 2 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions. Then, follow your Local Guide for a walk to magnificent ST. ISAAC'S CATHEDRAL. This evening, to get a real taste of traditional Russian delicacies, enjoy a [LF] welcome dinner at your hotel with caviar, blini, pickled cucumber, and vodka. (B,D)|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||Today, visit the Winter Palace complex with your Local Guide. Formerly the residence of the czars, it is now home of the world-famous HERMITAGE MUSEUM, with celebrated works by Rembrandt, Leonardo da Vinci. (B)|
|Day 4||St. Petersburg||Travel to Pushkin, home of Russia's last czar, and visit magnificent CATHERINE PALACE (if closed, visit PAVLOVSK PALACE instead). The balance of the day is at leisure and optional activities are available to further explore this fascinating city. (B)|
|Day 5||Moscow||Transfer to the railway station and board the high-speed SAPSAN TRAIN to Moscow. This evening, you may wish to join an optional excursion to the impressive Moscow Underground. (B)|
|Day 6||Moscow||Sightseeing with a Local Guide features visits to RED SQUARE and the KREMLIN, a city-within-a-city, where you can admire the medieval towers, cathedrals, and palaces. At the ARMORY MUSEUM, see treasures such as Ivan the Terrible's throne. Of course, you will also see the Bolshoi Theater. (B)|
|Day 7||Moscow||Another day full of highlights: [LF] visit the CATHEDRAL OF CHRIST THE SAVIOUR, the largest Orthodox Christian church in the world, as well as the NOVODEVICHY (New Maiden) CONVENT and its CEMETERY, with the tombs of famous Russian authors, musicians, and political leaders. This evening, enjoy a farewell dinner with Russian champagne and local specialties as a proper dasvidaniya to Russia. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Moscow||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $799, $1016 (June 17- July 1)Triple room reduction per person: $164, $218 (June 17- July 1)Extra nights per person in St. Petersburg:in single room $147-$318, in twin $90-$175, in triple $82-$139Extra nights per person in Moscow:in single room $171-$196, in twin $98-$110, in triple $73-$82
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).