Brochure Type: 2020 Europe & Britain Preview
Discover a land of contrasting scenery, people and languages, offering a unique blend of interests and wonders.
- Geneva: What better way to start your Swiss journey than with a typical Swiss meal in a chalet-styled local restaurant! Au Petit Chalet are known for their delicious Swiss sausages served with Rosti potatoes and fresh Perch fillets, not to mention the decadent Chocolate Fondue and fresh fruit that is served for dessert!
- Zermatt: Choose your own ambience, style of cuisine and drinks for a more intimate culinary experience with friends. You will be offered a selection of fine restaurants on your Zermatt Dine-Around Evening.
- St. Moritz: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at a local restaurant, its a real Swiss treat.
- Lucerne: Toast to new friends and Swiss adventures during your Celebration Dinner at Restaurant Seeblick.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Stanserhorn: Meet a Swiss Ranger on your spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn, where you will learn about the local wildlife.
- Geneva: Rated as the No. 1 hotel of the 'Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland' at the Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Awards 2017, the Hotel d'Angleterre is set on the banks of Geneva's Lac Leman and beautifully reflects the essence of a Red Carnation Hotel, where each of the individually-designed rooms combines traditional charm and elegant style with modern amenities.
- Zermatt: The Resort Hotel Alex offers a hospitality experience full of surprises, by cleverly combining modern and traditional elements.
- St Moritz: Crystal Hotel is located close to the town centre shops where guests can browse prestigious brands such as Chanel, Gucci and Louis Vuitton.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau, Floral Clock and Reformation Monument.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Lake Geneva: Visit beautiful Chillon Castle, set on a rocky islet in the lake. With the help of a Local Expert, look out for Lord Byron's name which he carved into a pillar.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Zermatt: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this picturesque village, high in the mountains.
- Baveno: During your orientation with your Travel Director see the cobbled streets and 16th century square.
- St. Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Scenic Swiss Rail Journey: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts. This is a glorious adventure in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, only possible by rail.
- Vaduz: See the castle when you visit the capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Lucerne: See the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and covered Chapel Bridge.
- Scenic Drives: Travel beside Lake Geneva, along the Rhone Valley and through the Simplon Pass. Experience the beauty of Lake Maggiore as you travel along its shores through the Italian Lake District. Continue through Julier Pass and Engadine Valley, pass the Grisons Alps, Walensee and beside Lake Zurich.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (847) 593-6700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14607756
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Geneva||Geneva, City of Gardens.: Welcome to Switzerland! Prepare yourself for varied modes of transport, all of which showcase the majesty of the snow-capped mountains, the glaciers, sparkling lakes, flower-filled meadows and the beauty of the rich, green valleys. Transfers from Geneva airport to your hotel depart at 11:00, 13:00 and 16:00. Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 18:00, followed by a short stroll to your Welcome Dinner hosted at Au Petit Chalet. The evening is full of Swiss delight as you enjoy the cosy, chalet-style decor while being served typical Swiss specialities including mouthwatering chocolate fondue for dessert! Return to your immaculate, boutique hotel, rated as the No. 1 hotel of the 'Top 15 Hotels of Switzerland' at the 2017 Conde Nast Traveller Readers' Choice Awards. Hotel d'Angleterre highlights British charm and the finest of Swiss hospitality with each room individually-designed to reflect its elegant style. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel d'Angleterre, Geneva.
|Day 2||Zermatt||Montreux, Chillon and the Matterhorn Village of Zermatt.: Start your day with the highlights of Geneva, the City of Gardens, nestled at the end of the lake. See the Jet d'Eau, Floral Clock and Reformation Monument. Then relax and enjoy the enchanting scenery as we continue to the scenic town of Montreux Situated at the foot of the Alps and boasting beautiful lakeside walks, enjoy free time to explore this pretty town. Journey further around the Lake Geneva arc to the medieval Chillon Castle where a Local Expert will show you through the former home of the Counts of Savoy that was immortalised by Byron's 'Prisoner of Chillon.' Continue through the Rhone Valley, where high summer temperatures support vines and other fruits. The final stage of your journey is by cogwheel train to the traffic-free Alpine resort of Zermatt. During your orientation with your Travel Director, feast your eyes on the distinctive triangular silhouette of the Matterhorn. At night, enjoy a stroll in the clean, mountain air to your chosen restaurant for your Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Resort Hotel Alex, Zermatt.
|Day 3||Zermatt||Free Time in Zermatt.: Zermatt in summertime offers many leisure possibilities: try swimming or hiking or spend a whole day relaxing in the fresh alpine surrounds. Perhaps take an optional ride on Europe's highest cable car to the snow-capped roof of the world for a magnificent panorama of the highest peaks in Switzerland, Italy and France? (Breakfast)|
Resort Hotel Alex, Zermatt.
|Day 4||Baveno||Elegant Baveno.: Descend to Tasch and rejoin the coach. Follow in Napoleon's footsteps as you ascend the Simplon Pass, taking in magnificent views over the Alps from the 2,000-metre summit. Continue along the gentle shores of Lake Maggiore. Perhaps take a delightful boat trip to see the stunning Isola Bella? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Simplon, Baveno, Italian Lakes.
|Day 5||St. Moritz||Grison Alps to Chic St. Moritz.: Head north back into the high mountain country of the Grison Alps today. Ascend the Julier Pass to arrive in the sparkling Engadine Valley with an invigorating climate characterised by clear skies and its location high in the Alps. On arrival in the cosmopolitan resort of St. Moritz, a brief orientation with your Travel Director will show you the spa quarter and the brilliantly sparkling glacial lake before there is time to explore further on your own or mingle with the jet set in the elegant boutiques. In the evening, you are treated to a delicious fondue dinner at a local restaurant. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Crystal Hotel/Steffani, St. Moritz.
|Day 6||Lucerne||Scenic Train Ride, Liechtenstein and Lucerne.: Start the day with a scenic train ride along part of the route of the Glacier Express, across the Grison Mountains and through unforgettable scenes of ice-capped mountains, stone-built villages and lush meadows. At Chur, reboard your coach and travel along the valley of the Upper Rhine to spend some time in Vaduz, the tiny capital of the Principality of Liechtenstein, where you can enjoy views of the castle perched hillside above the city. Continue to Lucerne alongside the the dramatic Walensee and Lake Zurich. On arrival see the sorrowful sculpture of the wounded lion, commemorating the brave Swiss guards who died defending King Louis XVI during the French Revolution. Your Travel Director will also show you the Jesuit Church and the Chapel Bridge. (Breakfast)|
Renaissance Lucerne Hotel.
|Day 7||Lucerne||The Summit of Stanserhorn.: Commence the day with a morning stroll along lakeside promenades or shopping for fine watches while enjoying the scenery. Then, from the town of Stans, embark on a scenic journey by funicular railway and open top cable car to the summit of the stunning Mount Stanserhorn, where you will meet a Swiss Ranger and learn about the local wildlife. Take in the pristine mountain air and on a clear day you may see as far as Alsace and the Black Forest. At the foot of Mount Stanserhorn, embrace a fantastic wining and dining experience at Restaurant Seeblick. Celebrate new friends and a great trip during your Celebration dinner, offering magnificent views over Lake Lucerne. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Renaissance Lucerne Hotel.
|Day 8||Zurich||Leave Lucerne for Zurich.: In the morning, your departure transfer will arrive at Zurich airport at 08:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2020 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class