Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Prepare for an epic adventure through remarkable scenery and prominent landmarks as you make your way through America's Magnificent National Parks. This sprightly tour combines 'Enchanting Canyonlands' with the 'American Parks Trail' to form a complete experience of North America's most popular parks, historic monuments and scenic grandeur. From gliding through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon to witnessing the sprouting geysers of Yellowstone and releasing your inner cowboy at the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, you'll take in some of America's most iconic sights in a manner and at a pace that suits you.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort's renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Zion National Park: Join your new friends for a Highlight Dinner within Zion National Park at the lodge's Red Rock Grill.
- Jackson: Relax at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa and savour a delightful dinner with wine.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- Black Hills: View Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world's largest mountain carving.
- Sedona: Explore bohemian Sedona with its shops and galleries before heading to Grand Canyon National Park.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American's traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Yellowstone NP: Enter Yellowstone, known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride(8).
- Black Hills: View the awe-inspiring Devils tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town's notable residents aboard Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (847) 593-6700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15010159
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Phoenix||Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale.: Welcome to Arizona, famous for road trips, Monument Valley, and of course the Grand Canyon. Your airport transfer will whisk you to your hotel in Scottsdale where you can enjoy the facilities and grounds of this striking desert oasis. Why not head out and explore Old Scottsdale, an agreeably traditional representation of the state? Here, you'll be surrounded by retro wooden buildings, rodeo inspired artwork and a selection of local stores, all radiating a classic Southwestern flair. At 18:00, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner at Zuzu, where you will have the opportunity to mingle and get to know one another. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale.
|Day 2||Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon||Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.: Journey north to the bohemian colony of Sedona. Attractive to healers, this spiritual town's vortexes are rumoured to offer alternative medicines and practices. If retail therapy is more your thing, explore Sedona's shops and galleries, or simply take in its natural rugged beauty, which makes it a hotspot for hikers, swimmers and eager campers. Journey on to Grand Canyon National Park, where you have the opportunity to take an optional, once-in-a-lifetime, flightseeing tour by helicopter or plane. Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative and exclusive presentation about the wonders of the Grand Canyon before ending your day with a tranquil night inside the park and an appetizing Highlight Dinner with wine in the inviting Thunderbird Room of your lodge. Located on the South Rim, this beautiful venue offers a private balcony, so you can feast on hearty food while taking in the stunning views. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
National Park Lodges, Grand Canyon.
|Day 3||Monument Valley and Lake Powell||Monument Valley and Lake Powell.: Head through striking crimson landscapes to the historic Cameron Trading Post where you will find Native American arts and crafts. Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles (8) to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Stop at the Glen Canyon Dam to learn about its impact on the Colorado River before arriving at your lakefront resort. (Breakfast)|
Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas (Lake View or Marina View Rooms).
|Day 4||Leisurely Lake Powell||Leisurely Lake Powell.: Your morning is at leisure. Simply relax and enjoy the resort's facilities or enjoy some extra time to catch up with your fellow travellers. Later today, a serene cruise through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon awaits. End the day with a breathtaking sunset from your lake view or marina view room. (Breakfast)|
|Day 5||BRYCE CANYON AND ZION NATIONAL PARKS||Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.: Prepare for a day of Norse legend, as you head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees, red rock pillars and Thor's hammer. You'll take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos, before travelling through more amazing scenery to the lush cliff-and-canyon landscape of Zion National Park. A day of sightseeing deserves some evening festivities. Join your Travel Director and new friends for a Highlight Dinner and wine to discuss your take on the ethereal characters of Utah's famous canyon. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Zion National Park Lodge.
|Day 6||Zion to Las Vegas||Zion to Las Vegas.: Depart the tranquil ambiance of Zion National Park Lodge and board a private Zion Canyon Shuttle. Live commentary will take you through the scenic highlights of the park, followed by some downtime to explore on your own. Depart the natural beauty of the park to arrive in the bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas. With an array of shopping malls, live shows and dining opportunities, this dazzling destination is sure to entertain. And for those looking to hit the casinos, make sure you come with your poker face ready. (Breakfast)|
Caesars Palace, Las Vegas (Julius Tower Deluxe Room).
|Day 7||Salt Lake City||Salt Lake City.: Today you'll travel to Utah's capital, Salt Lake City, where you'll spend the night. Lying between Wasatch Range and the Great Salt Lake, this mountainous city is perfect for outdoorsy types, with a strong focus on skiing and fishing. It is also the headquarters of the Mormon faith. (Breakfast)|
Little America Hotel, Salt Lake City (Western Cabin).
|Day 8||Jackson and the Tetons||Jackson and the Tetons.: As you move on from Salt Lake City, take in iconic Temple Square and the State Capitol building, before heading north across the Oregon Trail to historic Jackson. Have your cameras ready for the famous elk antlers that adorn the central square, and for eager shoppers there are a number of charming traditional boutiques to browse. Relax at Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa and savour a delightful dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole.
|Day 9||Yellowstone National Park||Yellowstone National Park.: Wake up to a mountainous view like no other and witness the striking Grand Tetons thrust skyward 6,562 feet (2,000 metres) from the valley floor. This morning, you have the opportunity to partake in an optional scenic float trip (8) down the Snake River inside Grand Teton National Park. In keeping with today's rustic country charm, you'll enter Yellowstone, the world's first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you'll experience Wyoming in all its glory. Keep an eye out for black bears or wolves. Tonight you'll stay in the National Park Lodges, allowing you to experience the park after hours, in its natural glory. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 10||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots||Geysers and Colourful Mudpots.: Savour the surreal surroundings of Yellowstone with a relaxed start. Walk among the rainbow tinted hot springs and watch the erupting geysers as you take in the history of the park on an informative stroll with your Travel Director. Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. You'll behold the powerful roar of Lower Yellowstone Falls, before heading back to your lodge. The National Park is also famous for its wildlife, so keep an eye out for the Yellowstone ram, wolves, bears and elk. (Breakfast)|
National Park Lodges, Yellowstone.
|Day 11||The Ranch At Ucross||The Ranch at Ucross.: Set off on your travels through the stark Shoshone Canyon and Absaroka Rocky Mountains to the Wild West Town of Cody. Channel your inner showman and learn more about America's great Western legends at the Buffalo Bill Center. End the day in Clearmont, Wyoming where you'll check in to your abode for the night. Here you'll enjoy a ranch style Highlight Dinner with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Ranch at UCross, Clearmont.
|Day 12||Devils Tower into the Black Hills||Devils Tower into the Black Hills.: Live the American frontier dream and begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride (8) accompanied by a Ranch Hand. If playing cowboy isn't your thing, perhaps go fishing or merely relax and take in your beautiful surroundings, the choice is yours. Make your way to Devils Tower, an astounding geological feature that protrudes out of the surrounding the Black Hills. This symbolic landmark is considered sacred to the Lakota and other tribes. Experience Spearfish Canyon, a favoured spot among wildlife enthusiasts and one famous for its elvish woodland beauty. The limestone palisades of this creek-carved gorge are more ancient than the Grand Canyon. (Breakfast)|
Spearfish Canyon Lodge.
|Day 13||Custer and the Wild, Wild West||Custer and the Wild, Wild West.: A day for those looking to explore the wild west, try to spot pronghorn antelope as you cross the great high plains to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Once in Deadwood, you'll have the opportunity to join Kevin Costner's Original Deadwood Tour, while a Local Expert will talk about the days of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane, who made this once lawless town famous during the Gold Rush of the 1870s. Continue on to Custer State Park, renowned for its beautiful landscape and abundant wildlife. (Breakfast)|
State Game Lodge at Custer State Park.
|Day 14||Monuments of the Black Hills||Monuments of the Black Hills.: What better way to spend your last full day than delving further into the history of this fascinating country? The heart of the Black Hills offers spectacular representations of the nation's past. You'll start by viewing Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world's largest mountain carving. Afterwards, travel to iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial. Here, carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape. The rest of the day is yours to explore in Custer State Park. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Celebration Dinner with wine, as you reflect on your adventure across the wide-open spaces of America's national parks. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 15||Denver||Depart Denver.: Travel south from Custer State Park where your trip ends on arrival in Denver. A transfer is available to Denver International Airport. Airport arrival in Denver will be at 16:30. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class