GLOBUS 2022: Scottish Highlands & Islands (GJ)
14 Day Tour from Glasgow to Glasgow
What's playing tonight? Nothing as dramatic as the stunning scenery of lush and verdant Scotland. With its glacial glens, mysterious lochs, and dramatic coastlines, Scotland has rightfully served as the beautiful backdrop for many of our favorite dramas, thrillers, and cliffhangers. While James Bond, Harry Potter, and the clans of Outlander have introduced us to this awe-inspiring land, the magnificent moors, mountains, woodlands, and waterfalls steal the scenes. See them all on this splendid tour of Scotland as you take the low roads, high roads, and winding roads through the Lowlands, Highlands, and islands to witness the country's breathtaking castles, hallowed battlefields, and mysterious ruins-stopping to catch your breath in the boisterous breweries and dizzying distilleries along the way. Spoiler alert-this is the most unspoiled scenery you'll witness in your lifetime.
Call (847) 593-6700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16579840
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||GLASGOW Welcome to Glasgow! Free time the remainder of the day. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||GLASGOW-FALKIRK-ROYAL BURGH OF CULROSS-LINLITHGOW-EDINBURGH||FALKIRK See The Kelpies, the largest equine sculptures in the world.ROYAL BURGH OF CULROSS Walking tour with a Local Guide.LINLITHGOW Visit to Linlithgow Palace ruins, birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots and a filming location for the series Outlander.EDINBURGH Free time. (B) 74 mi / 119 kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Edinburgh with a Scottish evening with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and the Ceremony of the Haggis. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||EDINBURGH Walking tour with a Local Guide includes Royal Mile, a visit to St. Giles Cathedral, and Edinburgh Castle to see Scotland's Crown Jewels. (B)|
|Day 4||EDINBURGH EXCURSION TO ABBOTSFORD||ABBOTSFORD Guided tour of Sir Walter Scott's Abbotsford House.EDINBURGH MILITARY TATTOO Attend the world-renowned Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo performance. (Departures August 07 through August 21 only). (B) 80 mi / 129 km|
|Day 5||EDINBURGH-ST ANDREWS-PITLOCHRY-INVERNESS||ST. ANDREWS See the home of golf and famous university town.PITLOCHRY Walk through the Victorian mountain resort; [LF] visit a whisky distillery.Scenic drive through the Grampian Mountains and Cairngorms National Park en route to Inverness. (B,D) 200 mi / 325 km|
|Day 6||Inverness||THE HIGHLANDS Visit the prehistoric site of Clava Cairns. See the Culloden battlefield site and visitor center. Visit Brodie Castle.INVERNESS Free time the remainder of the day. (B) 45 mi / 70 km|
|Day 7||Thurso||DUNROBIN Visit the castle and gardens.THURSO Free time this afternoon. (B,D) 109 mi / 176 km|
|Day 8||Thurso Excursion to the Orkney Islands||JOHN O'GROATS Ferry crossing to South Ronaldsay.ORKNEY ISLANDS Sightseeing on a local coach with a driver-guide includes the four Churchill Barriers, Scapa Flow, Skara Brae, the Ring of Brodgar, and Kirkwall. [LF] Guided tour of The Orkney Brewery, light lunch at the brewery's Tasting Hall cafe, and visit to Skaill House. Return to the mainland by ferry in the late afternoon. (B,L,D) 119 mi / 191 km|
|Day 9||Thurso-Ullapool-Isle of Skye||ULLAPOOL Visit to the fishing port; [LF] a traditional fish & chips lunch at a local restaurant. (B,L,D) 219 mi / 353 km|
|Day 10||Isle of Skye||ISLE OF SKYE Drive across the Inner Hebridean island; visit the Museum of Island Life; stop in the picturesque island capital of Portree and take in the views of the Cuillin Hills. (B,D)100 mi / 161 km|
|Day 11||Isle of Skye-Glenfinnan-Isle of Mull||ISLE OF SKYE Visit Museum of the Isles.ARMADALE Ferry crossing on the Sound of Sleat.GLENFINNAN See the monument to fallen Jacobite clansmen and the famous viaduct.ISLES OF MULL Visit to the capital of Tobermory. (B,D) 135 mi / 217 km|
|Day 12||Isle of Mull||ISLE OF MULL Scenic drive across the island.ISLE OF IONA Scenic ferry to the island and visit to the center of Celtic Christianity. (B,D) 72 mi / 116 km|
|Day 13||Glasgow||CRAIGNURE Return by ferry to Oban on the Scottish mainland.INVERARAY Scenic drive over the Pass of Brander.LOCH LOMOND Vist the lake.GLASGOW Orientation drive to see the 12th-century cathedral, university buildings, and Georgian squares. Free time this evening. (B,D) 108 mi / 174 km|
|Day 14||Glasgow||GLASGOW Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).