Moore Travel Blog

Time To Travel...


  • Do You Need a Passport to Cruise?

    10/4/2010 2:35:55 PM Link |  | Add comment

    Please note that U.S. citizens must bring one of the following WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) compliant documents in order to sail on a cruise that departs and ends from the same U.S. port:

    Copies of the following will NOT be allowed:

    • US Passports
    • Naturalization Papers

    Originals, or copies will NOT be allowed:

    • Baptismal Certificates
    • Hospital issued "Certificate of Birth"

    As always, we recommend that all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel). Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port, traveling with a passport facilitates your customer's disembarkation experience. It also makes it easier for them to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should they miss their scheduled embarkation or need to fly back to the U.S. for an emergency.

    • Valid U.S. Passport
    • Passport Card
    • Original or legible copy of a Birth Certificate (issued by the Department of Vital Statistics)
    • Certificate of Naturalization
    • Enhanced Driver's License
    • Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (i.e. Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card)
    • A Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Online Agency Travel Websites