Moore Travel Blog
Time To Travel...
10 of our best-selling river cruise itineraries, listed below in no particular order.
On these vacations, you'll glide along scenic and historic waterways on an intimate and comfortable vessel, enjoying river-view staterooms, superb dining and personalized service. Daily excursions ashore and onboard entertainment and enrichment activities also are generally included in the upfront rate.
Rhine Getaway, 8 days with Viking River Cruises -- On a route between Amsterdam and Basel, you'll visit 700-year-old Marksburg Castle, the Alsatian city of Strasbourg and Rudesheim's Drosselgasse, a cobblestone lane lined by taverns, shops and restaurants.
Charms of the South, 9 days with American Queen Voyages -- Travelers cruise the lower Mississippi River on a modern-day paddle wheeler, learning about Vicksburg's role in the Civil War and visiting 19th-century mansions in Natchez.
Burgundy & Provence, 8 days with Uniworld Boutique River Cruises -- A cruise of France's Saone and Rhone rivers reveals Roman ruins, a 14th-century papal palace and the culinary treasures of Lyon.
Melodies of the Danube, 8 days with AmaWaterways -- This trip starts in Budapest, where you'll take in the views from the Fisherman's Bastion. See St. Stephen's Cathedral in Vienna and enjoy a hike up to Bratislava Castle in Slovakia.
Paris to Normandy, 8 days with Avalon Waterways -- Tailor this French cruise to your interests: In Vernon, tour Monet's Giverny or 18th-century Chateau de Bizy, and while in Caudebec, choose a trip to D-Day landing beaches or a "Taste of Normandy" culinary excursion.
Secrets of the Douro, 8 days with Emerald Cruises -- Sail Portugal's Douro River in a region known for its port wine production. Enjoy dinner at a local wine estate and also cross into Spain to visit Salamanca, a lively university city.
Columbia & Snake Rivers, 8 days with American Cruise Lines -- Discover the Pacific Northwest's rugged beauty, particularly along the Columbia River Gorge, and visit Mount St. Helens and sites associated with explorers Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery.
Gems of the Danube, 8 days with Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours -- Guests can choose from a variety of included excursions on this itinerary. In Vienna, tour opulent Schonbrunn Palace or journey to the city's acclaimed wine region. In Nuremberg, visit World War II sites or sample beer in the city's underground cellars.
Grand European Tour, 15 days with Viking River Cruises -- See the sights along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers on a panoramic sailing between Amsterdam and Budapest. Guided tours reveal the history and culture of Vienna, Regensburg, Cologne and more.
Romantic Rhine, 8 days with Avalon Waterways -- Classic highlights of this itinerary include the picturesque Rhine Gorge, Heidelberg Castle and Strasbourg's pedestrian-friendly old quarter. You'll also visit whimsical spots like a museum devoted to mechanical musical instruments.
Travel to Mexico with Confidence
Every customer is looking for a unique vacation experience. Every Mexico destination offers a different experience for different clientele. Below are destinanation facts to help you understand the different destinations .
• Cozumel offers something for everyone
• Fantastic white-sand beaches, world’s best scuba diving, nightlife and jungle adventures
• Home to the world’s 2nd largest coral reef in the world with incredible water clarity
• You can easily get to Playa del Carmen on the mainland via a short ferry ride
• Visit the Chankanaab Beach Club for swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling and more
• Visit charming San Miguel with a laid-back environment that also has fun bars and restaurants
• Enjoy several options for jungle adventures with jeep tours and horseback riding
• Mexico’s most popular tourist destination
• One of the world’s finest resort areas
• Breathtaking white-sand beaches and turquoise waters
• Incredible nightlife with world-famous clubs and bars such as Coco Bongo
• Tons of shopping ranging from world-famous designers to local crafts
• Enjoy cultural activities available such as bullfighting
• Just a short ride from the Mayan ruins – one of the seven wonders of the world
• Variety of activities available including swimming with the dolphins, dinner cruises and more
• Stunning rugged desert landscape with sapphire waters and beautiful mountains
• Twin towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo both offer a uniquely Mexican experience
• Cabo San Lucas is renowned for its bustling nightlife restaurant scene
• Wander through charming and relaxed San Jose del Cabo for shopping, art galleries and old Mexican flavor
• If the ocean is too rough by your hotel, ask how to get to Medano Beach where the waters are calmer
• Check out a variety of tours including whale watching, dune buggies, regatta sailing and zip lines
• Take a cruise past the world-famous Land’s End Arch rock formation and view their native seal inhabitants
• Golf at over 8 championship courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf
• A new, exclusive area just south of Puerto Vallarta that’s becoming very popular for tourists
• Enjoy pristine, golden sand beaches and calm sapphire waters ideal for swimming
• Offers the best of both worlds since it’s just 15 minutes from Puerto Vallarta
• Over 20 excursions available ranging from zip lines to sunset sailing and city tours
• Enjoy several golf courses with stunning ocean views
• Incredible whale watching during the winter months of December through March
• A wide variety of sprawling, palatial resorts surrounded by lush greenery and natural beauty
• Limitless options for relaxation and adventure
• Surrounded by white-sand beaches, lush jungles and turquoise waters
• Home to Mayan Ruins including Chichen Itza and Tulum, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
• Head to the charming city of Playa del Carmen for shopping, dining and nightlife
• Visit a cenote, which is an underground cave connected by a freshwater river system
• Choose from a variety of water adventures ranging from reef diving to cavern and wreck diving
• The deep channel acts as a natural pipeline for game fishing including sailfish and marlin
• Explore the wonders of natural eco-parks like Xcaret or Xel-Ha for swimming, snorkeling or relaxing
??? Take a tour to Maroma Beach, rated one of the best beaches in the world
• This city oozes Mexican authenticity with charming cobblestone streets, cathedrals and more
• The perfect resort setting for those who want to be in the heart of the action
• Stunning backdrop on Banderas Bay surrounded by the breathtaking Sierra Madre mountains
• Take in all the culture the city has to offer with limitless festivals, restaurants, shops and art galleries
• Famous nightlife scene with a variety of options ranging from wine bars to discos
• Experience adventure with over 20 tours including deep sea fishing, city tours and eco-adventures